Thursday, February 24, 2011

To explore Bai Thom, Phu Quoc - Phu Quoc homestay

 To explore Bai Thom, Phu Quoc - Phu Quoc homestay

 Many people have explored Phu Quoc island before, and I can not remember how many times that I have visited Phu Quoc. I usually stay in a hotel right in Duong Dong, Phu Quoc every time I get there, but that time is different, staying in friend's home instead. It was a good trip of mine in Phu Quoc. If you want to explore the Mekong Delta, I recommend you to explore Phu Quoc. You will love the island as soon as I am

When my friend invited me to explore Phu Quoc island and to stay at his friend house - who lives in Bai Thom, Phu Quoc - 30km far away from Duong Dong-  I was not very interested in because I thought It was too far from the central, so I told him to hire a hotel right in Duong Dong instead. After one day exploring around the Island as many usual travellers do, He invited again to visit his friend, I said yes, then we started to explore something new that I haven't seen before although I had been visited to Phu Quoc many times a go.

It tooks us maybe an our to find his house because the road was being built at that time and hard to get to there, and I did thought that was not a good experience at that time but I had to go. When we got to his house everything in my mind changed, He invited us to go for fishing, after knowing I am interested in photography he told me go for sunset pics. Standing in his village, I could see the cambodia's kampot and their boats on the beach also. We walked a around his place and he introduce me to some places that people haven't visited before, and I was really surprised so I took many pictures there.

After that, we went back to his house and started dinner. That was amazing dinner. His mother cooked some chicken and seafood that we fished in the ealy afternoon. This was the first time that I could enjoy local life in Phu Quoc. They also invited us to drink some special wine which made by horse-fish. We stayed there a night, imagine, I could heard the soud of the beach at night. That was a peaceful place and I will visit there whenever I get there.

You may be wondering that should you stay a night exploring Rach Gia before getting to Phu Quoc island, and you may ask that is Rach Gia worth seeing. My quick answer is, yes, It's worth seeing. You can stay in somewhere near the beach enjoying your night life by exploring some exciting coffe shops, drinking bars. It's more exciting to enjoy local people night life, and you may be impressived because they are friendly and easy to talk to. If you are looking for local homestay in Rach Gia then also contact Mr.Lane at Exploringmekong@gmail.com for more information. Or you are just looking to meet up someone for a drink, do not hesitate to write him a message. He will help you planning your trip and show your his beautiful photographs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites